We all enjoy a delicious cup of coffee in the morning, and for good reason! Not only does coffee taste great, but it also provides us with all the caffeine we need to get through the busy day.
Although there is very little that can beat a beautifully brewed cup of Joe, there is a new trend that has been taking the coffee world by storm – and it’s called flavored coffee.
Now we understand that the notion of flavored coffee may sound like a sacrilegious invention, but some flavored blends have proven to be very popular and delicious.
But don’t just take our word for it. Down below we have selected 7 of the best chocolate flavored coffees currently available online – for what goes better with coffee than chocolate?
Here you will find everything you need to know about the brands we have selected, as well as their various pros and cons. And if you still have questions, we have included a detailed buyer’s guide, to help aid you in your decision.
- 1 7 Best Chocolate Flavored Coffee
- 2 2. Gevalia Chocolate Mocha Coffee
- 3 Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
7 Best Chocolate Flavored Coffee
For the first entry on our list, we have Kauai Hawaiian ground coffee. This respectable and exotic brand uses premium arabica coffee beans to create its delicious blends – with the most popular being a rich infusion of chocolate and macadamia nuts.
Containing perfectly roasted coffee beans that have been grown using traditional Hawaiian farming methods, this sweet and pungent mixture truly embodies all of the magic that this beautiful island has to offer.
Kauai ground coffee also comes in a wide variety of unique and tropical flavors, from vanilla to coconut caramel crunch. Just in case chocolate-flavored coffee does not meet your usual tastes.
- Contains premium ingredients that have been farmed using positive and sustainable methods.
- Kauai coffee grounds are rich in flavor and can be purchased in a variety of delicious blends.
- The company is the largest coffee grower in Hawaii and a frontrunner in flavored coffee brands.
- The blend does contain macadamia nuts and should be avoided by coffee enthusiasts with severe nut allergies.
Our next chocolate-flavored coffee comes from Sweden and is made using only high-quality ingredients such as arabica coffee grounds and rich dark chocolate. Resulting in a flavored coffee that is devilish and decadent on the tongue.
The Gevalia coffee blend is compatible with most coffee makers and is said to have a smooth and velvety texture that delivers a well-balanced partnership of mild coffee beans and sweet cocoa.
Drawing its cultural inspiration from South American coffee-making practices, Gevalia is not only a delicious coffee blend but one that unites the flavors of various continents.
- Made from high-quality ingredients that are perfectly blended together to create a decadent and delicious flavor.
- Gevalia coffee grounds are versatile in their use and are compatible with most coffee makers.
- The company utilizes various cultural practices to give its flavored blends a strong and distinctive character.
- The coffee is considered to be mild in its intensity, and may not be suitable for coffee drinkers who prefer a more powerful taste.
Sometimes adding chocolate to coffee isn’t enough and you may find yourself craving a coffee blend that packs a lot more flavor into a single cup. So if you want something sweet, Cameron’s chocolate caramel brownie coffee is the perfect blend for you.
Made using only sustainably sourced ingredients, this hand-crafted coffee blend promises to deliver a smooth and unique flavor without the usual coffee bitterness.
As a company, Cameron’s prides itself on only using the top 10% of coffee beans in the world, which are then roasted to perfection before being blended with an array of delicious ingredients.
- Cameron’s coffee is made using sustainably sourced ingredients that are then hand-crafted into delicious coffee blends.
- The company only chooses the top 10% of coffee beans in the world for its recipes, which are then perfectly roasted.
- The coffee blend is smooth and velvety and does not come with any unwanted or unnecessary bitterness.
- The powerful blend of caramel and chocolate may be too sweet and sickly for beginner flavored coffee drinkers.
If you are searching for a chocolate-flavored coffee that undercuts the sweetness of the cocoa with sour and fruity undertones, then look no further than Door County chocolate cherry flavored coffee.
Door County is a Wisconsin-based coffee company that has become infamous for its unique cherry and coffee blends. The small family-owned business only uses specialty class 1 arabica beans to make its products – which are the top 2% of coffee beans in the whole world.
The result is a rich and smooth coffee that is layered with a myriad of flavors, from smoky coffee grounds to bitter dark chocolate and sweet, aromatic cherries.
Each bag of product contains 10 ounces of flavored coffee grounds, which will allow you to make 10-12 cups when using a regular coffee brewer.
- The Door County coffee company only uses the top 2% of coffee beans in the whole world to make its flavored blends.
- The coffee promises to deliver a smooth and richly flavored blend that bursts with hints of chocolate and cherry.
- The product comes in a sealable bag that contains 10 ounces of coffee, which can be used to make 10-12 cups.
- The small amount of coffee available in the bag may not warrant the price it is being sold for.
Stone Street is an artisanal coffee roasting company that is currently located in Brooklyn, New York. The company has been creating its flavored blends since 2009 and has a wide variety of products to choose from.
Chocolate indulgence is just one of Stone Street’s chocolate blends and it is made using medium roasted arabica coffee grounds. The gourmet coffee is perfect for chocolate lovers, as it has been fashioned to please even the most indulgent of taste buds.
The coffee blends are sealed in patented 3-layer bags that have been created using only natural materials. The bags can stand up by themselves and are also produced with a one-way degassing valve to maintain the freshness and aromas of your coffee.
Beyond chocolate indulgence, Stone Street also produces a range of chocolate-flavored blends. These flavors include: chocolate hazelnut, chocolate raspberry, cinnamon swirl and southern pecan.
- Stone Street artisanal coffee blends are made only using medium roasted arabica coffee grounds.
- The company’s coffee blends come sealed in natural packaging that is designed to retain the freshness of the beans. The bags are also resealable and can stand by themselves.
- Stone Street produces a range of other chocolate-flavored coffee blends that engage with unique tastes.
- Unfortunately, some Stone Street flavored coffee blends do contain nuts and this means they should be avoided by people who suffer from nut allergies.
Chocolate-flavored coffee can be amazing, but it can be even better when it is blended with another bold and delicious flavor. And what is a better pairing than dark chocolate and fresh mint?
Andes mint chocolate-flavored coffee is made using a delicious combination of 100% premium arabica coffee beans, bittersweet chocolate and hints of refreshing mint – delivering a coffee blend that is bursting with layers of flavor.
The fragrant coffee is expertly made by professional flavorologists, who ensure each blend is consistent in its cooling taste and smoothness. Perfect for the festive season, this coffee is capable of reinvigorating your taste buds and can be enjoyed by even the most discerning of coffee drinkers.
The blend is also available in a cherry chocolate alternative, which is produced by Andes sister company – Cella’s.
- Andes mint chocolate-flavored coffee is made using 100% premium arabica coffee beans, which help to give the blend a rich taste.
- The coffee blend has been developed in-house by expert flavorologists who have ensured the balance of the flavors.
- If you would prefer a fruity alternative, the company also produces a chocolate cherry blend.
- This particular blend of mint chocolate coffee can be difficult to purchase, as it is a limited edition product usually released for Christmas.
- In some cases, the coffee grind has been considered too fine, which could make it incompatible with certain coffee brewers.
For our last entry, we have a delicious chocolate-flavored coffee blend that is simply perfect for organic coffee drinkers. Jim’s double chocolate coffee is made using only high-quality and natural ingredients, which include the finest quality arabica coffee beans from all over the world.
As a company, Jim’s organic coffee prides itself on its long-withstanding relationship with its coffee farmers – who ensure that the company only receives the finest grade coffee beans to make its delicious flavored blends.
The chocolate-flavored coffee grounds are compatible with all coffee-making machines and are perfect for drip brewing. The coffee blends come packaged in resealable bags that are made using natural materials. The bags also come with one-way valve systems to ensure your coffee stays fresh and aromatic for as long as possible.
- Jim’s organic coffee only uses organic and natural ingredients to make its various flavored coffee blends – ensuring a high-quality product that is rich in taste and character.
- The chocolate-flavored coffee grounds are compatible with all coffee-making machines and can be used for drip brewing purposes.
- The company packages its coffee blends in resealable bags that are made from natural materials and contain a one-way valve to maintain the aroma of your coffee.
- The chocolate flavor is considered very mild and can sometimes be lost against the strong coffee taste. So if you want a strong chocolate flavor, you may need to consider a different brand.
We understand that the idea of buying a bag of coffee grounds may seem like a very simple task. However, there are numerous elements that need to be considered. Not all coffee grounds are the same and so you have to judge them depending on a series of key factors and your own preferences.
To aid you in your search for the best chocolate-flavored coffee, we have created this helpful buyer’s guide, that will provide you with all the information you need to know concerning the complex art of coffee selection.
By consulting the factors we have outlined in our buyer’s guide, you will be able to pick a flavored coffee that suits the requirement of your palate, saving you time and money that could have been wasted.
In our modern world, there are two types of coffee beans that can be seen to dominate the market. These beans are the arabica and the robusta, which are the most commonly used in commercial coffee blends.
The arabica bean is known to grow in high altitude areas and is often distinguished from other coffee beans by its smooth and slightly acidic flavor. It is also considered a higher quality bean when compared to the robusta.
However, the arabica’s quality greatly depends on the way it has been grown, as well as the various treatments the bean has received before finding its way into your coffee machine. If you prefer to drink coffee that is creamy and flavorful, then arabica coffee grounds are the ones you need to buy.
On the other hand, robusta coffee beans are known to grow in low altitude areas and are considered a more robust bean that is distinguished by its strong and bitter taste. So if you prefer your coffee to have a dark and pungent flavor, then you need to drink coffee grounds made using robusta beans.
Another major element that needs to be considered is the amount of caffeine in the coffee blends you are purchasing. Even flavored coffee blends can contain high levels of caffeine and sometimes this can greatly affect the taste and effectiveness of the blend.
As we have previously mentioned, you will only ever encounter two types of coffee beans when searching for flavored blends – the arabica and the robusta. Both beans contain different amounts of caffeine, which in turn gives the coffee a very different taste.
Research shows that a single, unroasted arabica coffee bean contains 1.9 milligrams of caffeine – which means the bean can also contain 1.2 – 1.5 grams of caffeine per 100 grams.
Because of this, coffee blends made from arabica beans contain less caffeine and are more likely to have a slightly acidic and bitter taste, However, because this bitterness is not strong it can be complemented by using other flavors such as chocolate, vanilla or cinnamon.
Another study showed that robusta beans are higher in their caffeine content, with a single bean containing 2.9 milligrams of the substance. This means that the robusta bean is capable of containing 2.2 -2.7 grams of caffeine per 100 grams.
This demonstrates why you will not encounter many flavored coffee blends that use robusta beans as their base. Because of the bean’s high caffeine content, they give the coffee a more powerful and sour flavor, which can easily overpower other added ingredients.
Another effective method that can be used to find a good quality coffee, is by taking a look at the packaging it comes in. Coffee labels that state they contain 100% arabica or 100% coffee are common but should also be avoided.
Although most commercial coffee will contain arabica beans, this does not mean that all coffee blends are the same. Or even that the beans used to make them were grown in the same way.
Remember, the quality of arabica beans relies primarily on how the bean has been grown and farmed. So the general consistency of the coffee can change depending on the brand and how the company treats its beans.
You should always consider packaging that makes mention of varietal, as this demonstrates that the company has a deep understanding of the coffee growing process.
The term varietal refers to the types of arabica bean currently in circulation, which have all descended from the varietal known as the Ethiopian Typica.
If a label mentions varietal, this does not mean that the coffee inside the packet is of good quality. However, you are more likely to make a better cup of coffee using a brand that understands varietal, as it shows attention has been given to the beans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is coffee bad for you?
Although coffee is known to be addictive, a daily cup can be very beneficial to your body and health.
Not only does coffee make you feel energized, but it also burns away fat and can improve your overall physical performance.
Coffee can also reduce the chances of you developing fatal conditions such as cancer, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s.
Coffee has also been shown to promote longevity, so we think it’s safe to say that coffee is good for you. But only when enjoyed in small and reasonable amounts.
Last update on 2022-05-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API