Trying to keep the coffee warm for your guests can be a challenge. If you leave your coffee in a regular coffee pot, it can easily go cold within the hour. So if you’ve got a long meeting ahead of you, or you don’t want to have to make multiple pots of coffee, how can you keep your favorite drink warm?
A coffee carafe will be the answer to all of your problems. This will allow you to make the most out of your coffee before it goes cold. A coffee carafe has been designed to keep your favorite caffeinated drink warmer for longer. So you and your guests will be able to enjoy a warming cup of coffee long after you first brewed it.
But how can you find the best coffee carafe for your needs? That’s where we come in. We’ve done all the research for you and reviewed hundreds of products to find the 7 best coffee carafes on the market. You can rest assured that these will be perfect for your needs, both at home and in the office. So let’s take a look at the best coffee carafes!
- 1 7 Best Coffee Carafes
- 2 Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Frequently asked questions
7 Best Coffee Carafes
The Cresimo stainless steel thermal coffee carafe easily comes out on top compared to all the competitive models we reviewed. This particular coffee carafe will keep your coffee warm for an impressive 12 hours. It uses Cresimo’s vacuum insulation technology to lock in that key temperature as well as preserving the freshness of your favorite drink.
You won’t have to worry about this carafe breaking. It has been built to last and features a quality double walled construction. The interior and exterior are both stainless steel, which will be more than capable of dealing with demanding use.
This coffee carafe couldn’t be easier to use. It features a single hand pouring design to make your job easier. Simply push the button and the pour spout will open, ready for you to use. This carafe also features a large mouth opening so that you can pour easily. This also makes the carafe easier to clean afterward.
- Long heat retention – keeps hot drinks hot for 12 hours, cold drinks cold for 24 hours
- Durable – features a double walled stainless steel construction for longevity
- Single hand pouring – makes the carafe easier to use
- Drips – be careful of coffee drips after you’ve poured a cup
- LONG HEAT AND COLD RETENTION » Cresimo’s vacuum insulation technology locks in temperature to preserve flavour and freshness, that keeps beverages hot for 12 hours or cold for 24 hours.
- QUALITY » Our double walled thermal carafe coffee holder is made up of a durable 18/8 stainless steel interior and exterior, built to withstand the demands of everyday use.
- SINGLE HAND POURING » Pour spout opens easily with push button ease, making one-handed pouring of this coffee carafe simple.
The Pykal thermal coffee carafe is just the thing you need in your coffee brewing arsenal. This coffee carafe can keep your coffee at a rough temperature of around 140 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 24 hours. This will of course depend on how full the carafe is, but that gives you the perfect excuse to make more coffee.
It couldn’t be easier to use the Pykal coffee carafe. All you need to do is press down on the opening and closing mechanism, and you can easily pour your coffee as needed. The coffee carafe doesn’t use any harmful plastics, so you can rest assured that it’s BPA free. The seal of the lid is airtight, which helps to keep your coffee tasting as fresh as possible.
What’s really interesting about this particular coffee carafe is that it comes with an included cleaning brush. This will make the cleaning experience even easier, as you won’t have to worry about a build-up of mold. The cleaning brush will help you to thoroughly clean out the carafe after you’ve finished using it, so it will be ready for your next lot of coffee.
- Free cleaning brush – makes for easier cleaning
- Longer heat retention – maintains hot coffee for at least 140 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 24 hours
- Thermal design – features a double walled stainless steel construction
- Large – could be on the larger side for home use
- ✅𝐋𝐀𝐁 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃* | 𝐕𝐀𝐂𝐔𝐔𝐌 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑 | 𝐂𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐄...
- ✅𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐙𝐄𝐑𝐎-𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐅𝐄 | 𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐋+𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒-𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍...
- ✅𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗖𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗛 𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗟𝗨𝗗𝗘𝗗: Your thermal carafe can be used to store a many hot and cold beverages, such as coffee, tea,...
The Vondior coffee thermal carafe will be a welcome addition to your kitchen if you want a versatile container. This particular coffee carafe can be used for both hot and cold drinks. It can keep your coffee hot for up to 12 hours, so you and your guests can enjoy hot coffee for the entirety of their visit. It can also keep cold drinks cold for up to 24 hours.
Everything about this coffee carafe is efficient. It features a double walled vacuum insulation, which works to give you better heat retention than glass carafes. You also won’t have to worry about using a hot plate to keep your coffee warm. The thermal carafe will use your coffee’s natural heat to keep it hot enough for your needs.
It couldn’t be easier to use the Vondior coffee thermal carafe. All you have to do is press down on the button at the top of the carafe, and you can pour yourself a hot cup of coffee. This particular coffee carafe can hold up to 15 cups of coffee. It also comes with a free cleaning brush to make the cleaning experience easier.
- Great heat retention – keeps your coffee hot for 12 hours
- Thermal design – keeps your coffee hotter for longer
- Easy to use – simply press the button on the lid and pour
- Brush – some customers found this awkward to use
- AS IF IT WAS JUST BREWED - There is nothing like the aroma of a fresh cup of coffee or the scent of an herbal tea infusion, but many carafes fail to lock in the flavor. This carafe is designed with...
- A GIFT THAT'S ALWAYS PRESENT - Finding the perfect gift for a loved one or close friend isn't easy. Living in the age of abundance, we simply have it all. But you can’t go wrong with this carafe;...
- HARD-CORE QUALITY FOR SERIOUS HOT AND COLD DRINK AFICIONADOS - For a coffee, tea or hot chocolate fan, having a drink dispenser is essential. Daily use of such product often quickly ends their useful...
The GiNT stainless steel thermal coffee carafe is the perfect pick for those who don’t want to buy a 2 liter carafe. This particular carafe actually comes in a range of 3 sizes for you to choose from. Pick between 1 liter, 1.5 liters, or 1.9 liters for your home. Ideal for smaller households who won’t drink 2 liters of coffee in the day.
This particular coffee carafe is capable of keeping your coffee hot for up to 8 hours. This should give you and your guests more than enough time to drink your fill before you need to make another batch of coffee. It can also be used for cold drinks, which can keep cold for up to 20 hours.
Another great feature of this coffee carafe is that it’s been designed to be easier to use. It features a punch release stopper for easier pouring. You won’t have to worry about it leaking. There’s also an extra wide opening at the top of the carafe to make it easier to clean once you’ve finished with it. This extra wide opening also makes it easier to add ice cubes if you want to use the carafe for colder drinks.
- Different sizes – choose between 1 liter, 1.5 liters, or 1.9 liters
- Versatile – keeps hot drinks hot for 8 hours, cold drinks cold for 20 hours
- Easy to use – features a user friendly design
- Lid – some customers found this tricky to clean
- TEMPERATURE RETENTION: Double-walled stainless steel vacuum insulation allows for maximum temperature retention; keeps your beverage hot up to 8 hours or cold up to 20 hours; seals the taste and...
- LEAK PROOF: Our leak-proof lid is designed with a new insulated and air-tight structure, larger size and dual silicon rings; always locks in the correct place. Even with a slight tilt our thermal...
- QUALITY & DURABILITY: Constructed with BPA Free detachable lid and durable 304 food grade stainless steel interior and exterior, our vacuum thermal carafe is perfect used as a tea/coffee thermos...
The Sumerflos stainless steel coffee thermal carafe is the perfect choice if you want a more aesthetically pleasing coffee carafe. This particular carafe is available in a range of 4 different colors, so you can pick the model that best suits your kitchen. Choose between blue, green, pink, or silver.
This particular coffee carafe will be highly efficient. It can hold up to 2 liters of coffee, which can be kept above 140 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 24 hours. It makes use of a double walled vacuum insulated technology to keep your coffee as hot as possible. This great insulation also makes it perfect for cold drinks.
An interesting feature of this thermal carafe is its u shaped spout. This makes pouring your coffee even easier, and you won’t have to worry about splashing hot coffee everywhere. All you need to do is press down on the button of the lid, and pour. The lid has also been designed to be leak proof, so you won’t have to worry about losing any of your precious coffee.
- Large container – can hold up to 2 liters of coffee
- Hot coffee – double walled vacuum insulated technology keeps coffee hot for 24 hours
- U shaped spout – more efficient coffee pouring
- Lid – needs to be manually shut every time it’s opened
- Use double walled vacuum carafe Insulated technology, locks in temperature to preserve flavor and freshness, excellent for holding cold and hot beverages. Through the tests, under the condition of not...
- Our thermos pot is made of high quality durable stainless steel. 68 ounces (2 liters) large capacity can be satisfied the demands of everyday use. It will allow you to enjoy the fragrant coffee at any...
- Type U design pouring outlet is easy to fill and pour. Professional spout mouth design makes no splashing water, leakproof and more safe. Press-button design convenient for one-handed pouring....
The Emsa Eleganza stainless steel insulated carafe is another excellent choice if you want to keep your coffee warm for several hours. This particular carafe offers great heat retention for up to 9 hours. It can also keep your cold drinks cold for around 18 hours. It has been built to last and is virtually unbreakable.
What’s really great about this coffee carafe is that it comes in 3 different sizes. It comes in 10 fluid ounces, 34 fluid ounces, or 22.4 fluid ounces. So you can choose the best sized carafe for your needs. The carafe is insulated for better heat retention and features a double walled construction. It is also dishwasher safe for easier cleaning.
It couldn’t be easier to use the Emsa Eleganza carafe. This particular coffee carafe features easy one hand operation thanks to the hinged lid. All you need to do is press the button and pour.
- Dishwasher safe – much easier to clean
- Multiple sizes – choose the best size for your needs
- Great heat retention – coffee stays hot for up to 9 hours
- Pricey – one of the pricier options on this list
- Insulated server features double wall construction, beautiful stainless steel exterior; 34 ounce capacity
- Made of 18/10 stainless steel with hinged lid
- Heat retention up to 9 hours, cold retention up to 18 hours; virtually unbreakable
The Service Ideas Eco-Serv carafe gives you a fantastic budget option if you don’t want to spend a small fortune on a coffee carafe. This particular carafe comes in at a competitive price, and features durable ABS plastic. This plastic is also BPA free, so you won’t have to worry about ingesting any harmful chemicals.
This particular carafe comes in a range of great colors for you to choose from. Choose between white, black, butterscotch, latte brown, and slate gray. It is also available in 2 different sizes: 20 fluid ounces and 44 fluid ounces. This carafe will keep your coffee warm for between 2 to 3 hours.
Another great feature of this carafe is that it’s dishwasher safe. This will make it much easier to clean than carafes which have to be cleaned by hand. This carafe is also super easy to use thanks to the push button dispenser lid and the snap-on decaf indicator.
- Budget friendly – available at a competitive price
- Multiple colors – choose the best color for your needs
- Dishwasher safe – easier to clean than competitive carafes
- Shorter heat retention – not as efficient as some of the other carafes we reviewed
- Push Button Lid
- Durable ABS plastic, BPA free
- 2–3 hours of temperature retention
Searching for the best coffee carafe can be a challenge. There are so many different things to consider! Should you opt for a glass carafe or a thermal carafe? If you’re new to coffee carafes, it can be difficult trying to choose between all of the options on the market.
We’ve put together this helpful guide so that you can find the best coffee carafe for your home or office. We used all of the below criteria to find our 7 best coffee carafes that we’ve reviewed in more detail above. As long as your chosen coffee carafe has the below features covered, and you have considered them carefully before you make your purchase, you can rest assured that you’ve made the right choice.
Take a look at everything you need to know about coffee carafes below, or skip ahead to the frequently asked questions.
It will be important to opt for the coffee carafe that gives you the best heat retention. This will help to keep your coffee warmer for longer. So you’ll be able to get more out of a single pot of coffee before you have to pour it down the drain. The longer your carafe can keep your coffee hot, the better.
Some of the cheaper models can only do so for around 2 to 3 hours, but some of the more high end models can keep your coffee above 140 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 8 to 12 hours.
You should also consider the size of the carafe. The larger the carafe, the more coffee that will be needed in it to keep your beverage warmer for longer.
Easy to use
You should opt for a carafe that will be super easy for you to use. Most of the designs feature a single hand operation for easier use. Make sure that your carafe comes with a handy button on the lid so that you can operate it with your thumb. This will make it easier to get the coffee out of the carafe when you’re busy entertaining your guests.
Thermal vs glass
Another factor to consider is which style of carafe you would like. A glass carafe relies on a hot plate to keep your coffee warm. There’s also more likelihood of you breaking this if you were to accidentally drop it. A thermal carafe features an insulated double wall design, which works to keep your coffee hot by using its own heat to do so.
Glass carafes don’t keep your coffee hot for as long as thermal carafes do. So if you want your coffee to stay hotter for longer, we’d suggest opting for a thermal carafe, like one of the 7 great products we’ve reviewed in more detail above.
Easy to clean
A coffee carafe that’s easier to clean will be a lifesaver. This is because you will need to keep your carafe clean after you’ve finished using it. Otherwise the dregs could turn moldy, and cause potential health risks.
If your chosen carafe is dishwasher safe, this will make cleaning a lot easier. You won’t have to worry about buying any additional brushes to get into the nooks and crannies of your carafe. Some carafes that have to be washed by hand come with a free brush to help you clean them, which should make the process much easier.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best coffee carafe?
The best coffee carafes are:
- Cresimo Stainless Steel Thermal Coffee Carafe
- Pykal Thermal Coffee Carafe
- Vondior Coffee Thermal Carafe
- GiNT Stainless Steel Thermal Coffee Carafe
- Sumerflos Stainless Steel Coffee Thermal Carafe
- Emsa Eleganza Stainless Steel Insulated Carafe
- Service Ideas Eco-Serv Carafe
Does a thermal carafe keep coffee hot?
A thermal carafe does an excellent job of keeping your coffee hot. It’s been designed to do so! A thermal carafe uses the coffee’s already existing heat to keep it warm rather than the hotplate that glass carafes use.
On average coffee in a thermal carafe will only lose around 4 degrees Fahrenheit in an hour, so it should still be lovely and hot each time you need your caffeine fix.
Are stainless steel coffee carafes safe?
Stainless steel coffee carafes are safe, yes. They typically come with a plastic or rubber handle for you to grip, so you won’t have to worry about burning yourself.
A stainless steel coffee carafe is perfectly safe, and it will also be BPA free, so you won’t have to worry about ingesting any harmful plastics.
Last update on 2021-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API