Being a part of the coffee-drinking community can be intimidating at times. Mostly because people have such a strong opinion about everything. There is always an ongoing debate on one of the many aspects of coffee making- the superior type of blend, the best type of beans, the preferred grind, and of course, the best type of brewing method.
You will come across people who drink nothing but the french press and claim it’s the only good coffee to ever exist, while others swear by espresso. Say what you must, but there is something about an espresso that simply sets it apart.
For those who truly enjoy it, the value of a well-brewed espresso never goes unnoticed. There is so much you can make with an excellent espresso shot! Lattes, cappuccinos, frappuccinos, and of course, iced lattes!
Espresso is basically a coffee-brewing method originating from Italy. To make an espresso, a small amount of hot, boiling water is forced under pressure through finely-ground coffee beans. Usually, an espresso yields 16oz of coffee and contains 63 mg of caffeine per ounce.
Precisely, espresso is a concentrated form of coffee. It is more full-bodied, thicker, and stronger. It can be made using any type of beans or roasts, the main step lies in the brewing process.
But true coffee connoisseurs know not all espressos are the same. To make a good espresso you need to begin with good raw materials. This includes:
- Good quality coffee beans to begin with, and they need to be fresh for you to get the best aroma and flavors. Old, stale coffee beans will give you weak, rancid coffee
- A coffee grinder that can give you a fine grind to make espresso
- An espresso machine. Since espresso is mainly a brewing process, the machine plays an important (probably the most important) role in making an espresso
That being said, if you have a Keurig coffee machine and want to try good espresso, try the Café Bustelo Espresso Style Dark Roast K-cup coffee pods.
The Cafe Bustelo Espresso coffee pods can be recycled. So if you’re someone that is environment-conscious, here is something to put your mind at ease.
Dark Roasted Coffee
These coffee pods are made using 100% authentic dark roast. So it’s more robust and slightly bitter compared to other roasts.
Credit to the authentic coffee beans and dark roast, these coffee pods yield full-bodied, strong-tasting coffee.
The espresso you get from these k-pods is caffeinated. Every 8oz of coffee contains approximately 112 mg of caffeine.
- Great, full-bodied flavor
- The caffeine content is great for when you need that power drink to get you started in the morning or when you need to pull those occasional all-nighters
- Recyclable k-cup pods decrease the footprint per coffee
- Easy to use
- Saves the time you spend having to grind the coffee beans
- Affordable pods
- Might be a little farther from being real espresso, since the brewing temperature is lower than what usual espressos need
- The pods can’t be refilled
- These pods are only compatible with Keurig machines
If you’re a coffee snob and prefer your cup of joe a certain way, you might not like these Café Bustelo Espresso Style Dark Roast Coffee pods as good because you have every little control over the type of coffee with k-cup pods in general.
But if you want a go-to option to quickly fulfill your espresso cravings conveniently, these K-cup pods make a great choice. Hispanic communities swear by Cafe Bustelo for all their coffee needs, and for good reason. If you have heard about the great Cuban coffee and want a taste of it, try these pods and thank us later!
Last update on 2022-05-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API