The Keurig Mini is a single-serve coffee made by Keurig that allows you to make 6 to 12 oz brew sizes. It’s similar to the Mini Plus, but a few of the features make it quite a bit different and are worth noting.
Features of the Keurig Mini
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces
- YOUR PERFECT AMOUNT: Brew any cup size between 6-12oz with Keurig K-Cup pods
- ONE CUP RESERVOIR: Just add fresh water for each brew
- One cup reservoir allows you to add fresh water for each brew.
- Coffee takes only a few minutes to make.
- The water heats up in a few seconds.
- Use a variety of K-cups for different flavors.
- Brew sizes between 6-12 ounces.
- Cord can be stored inside so it doesn’t get wet or tangled with other appliances.
- The coffee maker automatically turns off after 90 seconds of brewing saving you time and money.
- The drip tray can be lifted up to accommodate a mug up to 7.0 inches tall.
- Less than 5 inches wide means it can fit anywhere.
The Keurig Mini also comes in several different colors including Matte Black, Dusty Rose, Oasis, Poppy Red, and Studio Gray. The variety of colors make it great to match a variety of kitchen colors and decorations. The colors are also unique so they can give your kitchen a pop of color.
The matte finish of the colors also makes the coffee maker look sleek and modern, so you can keep your kitchen in style.
Along with the many options for the K-cup, you can also use the reusable coffee filter if you have grounds of your own that you want to use. If you choose to use the K-cups, you will have over 75 brands and over 400 varieties to choose from.
You can also choose options for cocoa, tea, or iced coffee.
Its small size and cord storage make it amazing for portability and allow you to take it with you when traveling or on the road. The small reservoir also makes it great for ensuring you are using fresh water every time you make a cup of coffee. It will also keep you from wasting water or having to dump out old water when making something new.
- Easy to store
- Doesn’t take up much counter space
- Freshwater each time
- Comes in multiple matte colors
- Energy-saving mode
- Doesn’t have a clock like the other Keurig options
- No temperature controls
- Having to refill the water can be annoying if you are making coffee for multiple people at one time.
Features of the Keurig Mini Plus
- Included in the box: Keurig K-mini plus single serve coffee maker with pod storage unit that fits in your brewer and can hold upto 9 K-cup pods
- Fast & fresh brewed: Coffee made in minutes
- Pod storage: Holds 9 K-cup pods and fits in your brewer for ultimate portability and saves counter space
Like the regular Keurig Mini, the plus version is a single-serve Keurig model that is quite different than the regular Keurig models. You add water each time, so the water is always fresh and won’t make the coffee taste stale.
The biggest difference in regard to the water setup is that the water reservoir on the mini plus completely removable. This makes it much easier to fill up without needing to bring the water source or a cup of water to the Keurig.
The nice matte colors are available in the mini plus option so you will still get a stylish coffee maker to sit on your counter. The colors are a little different. They come in matte black, cardinal red, cool aqua, evening teal, studio gray, white.
The matte color will give you a nice splash of color on your counter and will give you a nice coffee maker to entertain guests. The matte color also has silver detailing on the machine which makes it look even more stylish than the regular model.
The Mini Plus comes with a larger kit to get you started with brewing your favorite cup right when you receive the kit in the mail. The Mini plus also comes with pod storage that lets you keep 9 k-cup pods right near the brewer. This way you don’t have to keep all of the coffee accessories in a separate place.
You can also use the K-cup reusable ground filler if you have your own coffee that you want to use instead of pods.
The removable drip tray also lifts so that you can put travel mugs or large cups under the nozzle. You can fit cups up to 7.0 inches tall. This also keeps your cup from overflowing and spilling everywhere.
The dimensions are the exact same for both models, so you don’t have to worry about them taking up much counter space or using your cabinets.
- Comes with pod storage
- Only takes up a small space of the counter
- The water tray is removable so you can refill it much easier
- Water doesn’t stay warm for long
- Coffee is usually only lukewarm
- Refilling water constantly can be annoying when you have guests and need to make several cups of coffee
Both the Keurig Mini and the Mini Plus have many of the same features. They are a single-serve coffee maker that’s best for small families or individuals. They take up very small counter space so they can be perfect for apartments or other small kitchens. The water is also kept fresh because you refill it with each new cup.
If you want to have pod storage or prefer for your pods to be kept close to the coffee maker, you might want to choose the mini plus. This way you can keep 9 K-cups close to the coffee maker. The mini plus also lets you remove the water reservoir which makes it much easier to fill with water when you need it.
If you want more color options, you can also choose the mini plus. The colors are more unique and come in more options.
Both models also allow you to drink from over 400 varieties of K-cups or use the reusable coffee pod if you want to use your own grounds. Make sure you brew the cup as soon as the water is done heating as it tends to make lukewarm coffee if you let it sit for too long.
Overall, both are great mini coffee makers and can give you a quick cup of coffee.
Last update on 2021-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API