Both the Nespresso and the Keurig are considered pod coffee machines, so some might wonder what the difference is between the two and which one is better. While they might work the same, the flavor of the coffees they make is very different. Nespresso is also considered more of an espresso machine than the Keurig.
Features of the Vertuo Espresso Machine
- One convenient Coffee maker for 5 cup sizes: freshly brewed long-cup Coffee with naturally formed...
- 3 different capsule sizes: large capsule for Alto and Coffee, medium capsule for double Espresso and...
- Simple 1-button operation with automatic capsule ejection and a fast heat- up time of under a minute
- Easy to use. Just push down the lid and hit the button.
- Automatically detects the barcode on the pod and will brew accordingly.
- Don’t need to change settings according to the pod.
- Has two different cup sizes (1.35Oz) and (7.7 oz).
- 54 oz water tank allows you to brew 17 cups before needing to refill the water.
- Can be purchased in a bundle if you want a milk foamer
Unlike the Keurig and other pod machines, the Vertuo machine can detect how much water and pressure to put into the pod just based on the barcode. You won’t have to manually select a size or setting.
The Vertuo by Nespresso is only compatible with the Nespresso Vertuo pods. This means you will need to buy the pods directly from Nespresso, which can be expensive. However, the quality of the coffee and the flavor is much better compared to other espresso machines.
The vertuo coffee pods have many different options according to the flavor profile, strength, and boldness. The Nespresso website has a very detailed description of all their pods and the ones you can choose from. They also offer options to let you buy in bulk which can save you money. They are also sold in sleeves of 10, allowing you not to overbuy a choice you might not like to prefer.
Unlike the Keurig, the Vertuo comes in many different colors including titan, silver, red, and graphite metal. You can buy one to match your kitchen or the appliances you have. You can also buy the graphite or red one if you want a bright or more modern option.
The Aeroccino that comes with the bundle also has many features that make brewing your coffee much easier. The frother can make hot or cold fresh milk froth for your coffee. It only takes a few seconds to hit up and doesn’t make any noise or vibrate. It’s the perfect way to make lattes and cappuccinos. It’s also a huge money saver because it saves you from constantly having to go to the coffee shop.
- Quick heat-up time allows you to make coffee quickly
- The added milk frother can make your fancy coffee drinks at home
- The settings adjust accordingly
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t take up much counter space
- Can only be used with the vertuo pods from Nespresso
- More expensive than other options
Features of the Classic Keurig
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the...
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6 plus cups before having to refill, saving you...
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium...
- Brews three different sizes (6oz, 8oz, and 10oz).
- The 48-ounce reservoir allows you to brew 6 cups or more before you need to refill the water
- The water reservoir is removable which makes filling it up much easier
- Has a descaling option that helps the machine clean itself and remove calcium deposits.
- Automatically turns off after 2 hours. This helps you save energy and money.
- Simple button controls.
- Easy to use, just press a simple button.
This is a popular option for Keurig because it lets you brew in 3 different sizes. This is perfect if you have people in your home who like their coffee to be different flavors or have different strengths.
The pods for Keurig are much more versatile than the Vertuo pods. You can choose from over 75 brands and 400 varieties. This is a great option if you like to change what you drink or want to try many different options. You can also buy them in bulk to save money.
Keurig coffee pods also come in cocoa and tea selections, unlike the Nespresso machine. So, if you also want to be able to drink tea and hot chocolate, you might want to choose the Keurig. The Nespresso machine is purely for coffee and espresso lovers.
The Keurig also makes larger cups of coffee while the Nespresso will give you smaller amounts of stronger coffee. If you tend to like mild or coffee that isn’t strong, the Keurig is probably better.
The Keurig also only comes in one color. The black option is modern and sleek so it will match any kitchen. However, it won’t stand out or have a splash of color. This is a better choice if you want something simple to just blend in.
The three different sizes also allow you to make smaller stronger cups of coffee or larger weaker cups of coffee. Overall, the sizes are much larger than what the Vertuo espresso machine gives you.
- 3 different brew sizes
- Comes in a black neutral color
- Heats up quickly
- Large water tank
- Automatic turn off feature ‘
- Doesn’t provide strong espressos
- Keurig coffee pods tend to be not as flavorful
- May take some trial and error to find pods you like
Overall, both are great options but with two different purposes. The Keurig is better if you want a simple and plain cup of coffee. It’s also better if you want tea or cocoa as the vertuo won’t give you those options.
The Keurig is cheaper and has many more options for flavors. It’s an overall basic coffee machine that should be able to do everything you want it to do.
If you prefer stronger coffee or want to move into the world of espresso, the Vertuo by Nespresso might be better. You can brew several different sizes of espresso or lattes and cappuccinos. The milk foamer also allows you to make a variety of drinks. The pods are more expensive than Keurig pods, but the flavor is better.
You can also buy the pods in bulk and start with only 10 new flavors to ensure you like them before buying more. The reservoir is also large and allows you to brew several cups in a row.