If you are looking for a Nespresso machine, you have probably noticed that there are two different models, the vertuo and the original. They have many of the same features, but the Vertuo is considered the fancier model of the two. It also uses different pods which come in more flavors and reviewers say they have better flavor.
Features of Nespresso Vertuo
- SIGNATURE COFFEES AND ESPRESSOS: Vertuo Pop+ offers a variety of coffee formats in 5 sizes,...
- COMPACT: Sleek Vertuo design with 37 fl. oz. removable side water tank placement for easy access to...
- SIMPLE AND CONVENIENT: One-touch coffee system, 30 second heat up time, automatic used coffee pod...
- Has an extra-large 54oz water tank so you can have water whenever you want.
- 17 count used capsule container, so you don’t need to empty it too much.
- The machine makes two cup sizes, the 7.7 fl oz, and the 1.35 fl. Oz
- You can use large capsules for coffee and a small one for espresso.
- Auto-detects the pod you’re using and adjusts accordingly.
- Easy to use. Just insert the capsule and close the lever.
The Vertuo also has Bluetooth connectivity and is made from 54% plastic. What makes the vertuo so unique is that the brewing is so precise. It can detect the parameters of each individual capsule and push the water through at just the right temperature and setting.
The machine also allows you to make coffee sizes in 3 different options including 5 oz, 8 oz, and 14 oz. You can also make single and double espressos. This means you can make your coffee anywhere between dark and intense to mild and smooth.
The machine is much easier to use than other coffee makers or espresso machines. You can just put the pod in the machine and then close the lid. Press the button of the size of coffee you want, and it will begin brewing accordingly.
The machine also turns off after 9 minutes of activity, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally leaving it on. It will save you time and energy. The machine only takes about 20 seconds to preheat so you can make a cup of coffee quickly even when you are on the go.
The capsule is stored in a container when you’re done, and it has been ejected. So, you don’t have to constantly throw away the capsule every time you want to make a new cup of coffee.
The Vertuo can be bought in a bundle if you choose. This will allow you to have a milk foamer and other accessories to make your coffee experience like a real coffee shop. The Vertuo coffee maker only works with the Vertuo pods, so you can’t use the original pods with this machine. Make sure you are buying the right one you order the pods or shop in-store.
- Fast heating time so you can make coffee even when you’re in a rush
- Makes several different sizes from full cups to small espressos
- Can come in a bundle if you want a milk foamer
- The pods come in a wide variety of flavors
- The machine adjusts to pods so you don’t need to adjust the settings yourself
- Some people say the large coffees are not very warm when made
- The water reservoir is large so it might make coffee taste stale if you don’t remember to change it
- Vertuo coffee pods are more expensive than the original ones
Features of Nespresso Original
- Barista grade: Nespresso Inissia by De'Longhi offers an impeccable single-serve coffee or espresso...
- Speed: In just one touch, ideal water temperature is reached in 25 seconds and you are ready to make...
- Versatile and smart coffee machine: Adjustable cup size with two programmable espresso and Lungo...
- One-touch gets the coffee brewing
- Folding tray makes it easy to put large cups or travel mugs under the machine
- 24 oz water reservoir lets you brew several cups before needing to refill it
- 19 bars of pressure are pushed through the pods giving you perfect espresso every time
- Makes 1.35 oz and 5 oz cups depending on the pod you are using
- Ideal temperature only takes 25 seconds
The original machine by Nespresso is a fan favorite because it’s simple and makes good espresso. It only has 2 sizes of espresso, so it can’t make all different sizes of coffee like the Vertuo. It also doesn’t detect the pods and brew accordingly. You will need to pick the small or large size depending on the pod you have.
The machine will automatically turn off after 9 minutes just like the Vertuo. So, both models are energy efficient and energy-saving. The machine can also make 9 cups of coffee before you need to refill it.
The original Nespresso machine is more compact than the vertuo. It will take up less counter space. The machine also comes in several different colors which can give your kitchen a nice pop of color.
This machine is only compatible with the original capsules so you can’t use the vertuo capsules. Make sure you buy the right ones.
- Quick heat-up time lets you brew quickly
- Makes two different sizes for the different pods you buy
- Easy to use. Just close the lid and push the button you want
- A folding tray makes it easy to brew large cups
- Doesn’t have as many sizes as the Vertuo
- Coffee doesn’t get as warm as with other espresso machines
- Can’t use the vertuo coffee pods
Overall, both of the Nespresso machines offer a great way to make espresso simply and easily. The only problem is that the pods are not interchangeable. So, you will need to remember to get the correct pods.
The Vertuo machine is more expensive, and the pods cost more as well. However, the flavor of the coffee is richer and more profiled. There are also more options to choose from when buying. The extra cost is worth it to come because the quality of the coffee is better.
If you want a simple machine, you can choose the original because it’s cheaper and more user-friendly. The two-button feature allows you to make a small espresso or a large one. It also comes in fun colors like red, if you want to have a bright appliance in the kitchen.
Both machines have a water reservoir that allows you to keep water for later. This takes away the stress of needing to refill the tank between each use.